Welcome to the Catholic Questions and Answers Page.
The Catholic Questions and Answers, hosted by Deacon George Kozak is celebrating it's 10th Anniversary. In the 10 years that I have been moderating these pages, I have answered a wide variety of questions on an equally wide variety of topics concerning our Faith, Practices and Beliefs.
I hope that I have been able to help those that have written to me, and I thank everyone who has written because you have helped me learn along with you.
If you have a question to which you would like an answer concerning the Church or Church rules or Christianity, please feel free to e-mail Deacon George at firstname.lastname@example.org
Listed below are some selected questions and answers.
QUESTIONS - Click on the question to see the answer
General Questions about the Catholic Church and Christianity
- What is Church?
- Why is Sunday the Sabbath Day and not Saturday??
- When was the Mass established??
- Is every statement of the Pope infallible?
- Are Catholic's Born Again?
- Is the Eucharist symbolic of Jesus' Body and Blood?
- Are Fridays still days of abstinence?
- Why do Catholics pray to Saints and Mary? Shouldn't you just pray to God?
- What exactly is a Deacon and how is he different from a Priest?
- What does the Catholic Church mean by Sacred Tradition?
- What does the Catholic Church teach about homosexuality?
- The Bible says "Call no Man Father". Why are priests called "Father"?
- I have been reading Poem of the Man-God by Maria Valtorta. What does the Church say about her work?
- What does the Church teach about Satan? Is he real?
- What is anamnesis and what does it have to do with the Mass?
- What is the Church teaching on a Just War?
- What is a Saint?
- Why do people say that the book, The DaVini Code is factual?
Questions about Mary
- Are Catholics required to believe in Our Lady of Fatima or Our Lady of Lourdes or other Marian Apparitions?
- Do Catholics worship Mary as the Mother of God?
- Does the Immaculate Conception refer to when Mary became pregnant with baby Jesus?
- What does it mean when we say that Mary is Assumed into Heaven?
Questions about Marriage, Annulments and Divorce
- What is an Annulment?
- Can a divorced person receive the sacraments?
- Are children made illegitimate by an annulment?
- Can a person marry their first cousin?
- Where does marriage come from?
Questions about other Churches and Faiths
- What is the Orthodox Church?
- How are Protestant Christians different from Catholics?
- Why is a Protestant Bible different from a Catholic Bible?
- What does the Church say about Freemasons?
- What can you tell me about Islam?
- What can you tell me about Jehovah Witnesses?
- What can you tell me about Seventh Day Adventists?
- What can you tell me about Mormons?
- What is heresy?
- What is a cult?